Jun 17, 2011

The Pink Mohawk Project

Stephanie is one of the most amazing women I know. After 4 children she decided to go back to school, and became a Math teacher. (Teacher + Math= amazing in my book!) She was planning her daughters wedding when things just didn't seem right. And 2 days after the wedding she got the diagnoses.... breast cancer. After Stephanie's first round of chemo she had a "pink mohawk" party to shave her head. "if I'm going to lose all my hair, I'm going to have fun with it" said Stephanie. Joe, her husband, joined in and is sporting a pink mohawk also. Not only is he the love of her life, but her biggest supporter also.

It was truly an honor to capture these portraits. As we continue to pray for God's healing in Stephanie, I pray for strength and joy through this journey. I am positive Stephanie and her family will be able to look back on this one day and smile (maybe even chuckle a little too).







I think this photo should be titled Cancer cannot take away my JOY




EnJoY!
***HeatheR***

No comments: